Re: How to Click using Keyboard in Genome

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 07:58:39PM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> Dharmesh Maniar wrote:
>
> >Hi Everybuddy,
> >
> >I am a new member of this grop. Can anyone please tell me how to bind a
> >key using sawfish so that i can click using that key on current cursor
> >position.
> >
> >This feature will be very useful for person like me who don't like to
> >streach hand to my mouse to click something.
> >
> >I have already bind the keys for moving cursor using my keyboard on my
> >sawfish.
> >Please reply as soon as possible.
> >

> Using the keyboard accessibility control panel, you can turn on mouse
> keys, which allows you to move the mouse and click the buttons using the
> keyboard.

I think this isn't quite RTFM(is this nicely documented anywhere?).

I assume your're using XFree as xserver. You have to activate keyboard
accessibility. Then you can toggle mouse keys either in the keyboard
accessibility control panel or by the keyboard combination ctrl+shift+numlock.
Depending on your configuration is will be deactivated when unused for a longer
time.

If mouse keys is on your numpad is used to control the mouse. '5' clicks, "/"
"*" "-" select the mouse button that is used. all other digits move the mouse.
"ins" and "del" are used for drag and drop.

Hope this helps,

Martin H.