Re: New Modules in GNOME 2.2

> This is not what I said or what I can say - I am in no way part of that
> decision-making process. There is also quite a bit of difference inbetween
> some misc addon aplets and similar not working and a major subsystem like
> multimedia not work.

Indeed, which is why I made the remark - because I got a neither here nor
there feeling from yours.  At least now you said what you think is
important.

>  IMHO new pieces coming into gnome should carry their
> own proof of portability. After all you do expect things to work on your
> linux box, right?

Ehrm, no, I don't, actually.  I try the code, I test it, and I help fix if
I see issues I can fix.  For GStreamer, as well as other stuff.
The difference is I can because my box is pretty standard and the OS on it
is free.  I do expect Sun to want it to work though since they made the
decision to go with Gnome 2.2 ;)

Thomas

Follow me down to the bushes dear
No one will know we'll disappear
I'll hold your hand we'll never tell
Our private little trip to hell tonight
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->