Re: Update: 2.2 Proposed Modules List

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 16:14, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The discussion about our proposed modules ground to a halt, so I thought it
> would be good to do a status update. I've split the list into LIKELY, DUNNO
> and UNLIKELY. 'DUNNO' just means that there has been no discussion about the
> module either way. I've also listed concerns for some.
<snip>
> UNLIKELY:
>
>   - acme: Daemon and configuration utility for 'special' keys on modern
>     multimedia keyboards and notebooks.

I'd still like to see acme there, even if it is deprecated in 2.4 when
we merge the functionality in the control-center. This seems to be a
fairly frequently asked for functionality, and having acme in the
Desktop release (hence in the distributions) will solve this user
problem.

It's just a matter of putting "the Multimedia Keys functionality (acme)
has been merged in the control-center" in the release notes when we get
2.4 out of the door. It's still going to be quite some time before we
get 2.4, and the users seem to need the functionality (and I don't think
the code in acme is that bad that it would deserve to be ruled out).

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault