Re: the Nautilus context menu

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 08:22, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2002, Bill Haneman wrote:
>
> > * we do need a keyboard equivalent for all drag-and-drop operations, for
> > accessibility reasons, whether we call it "pick up" and "drop", or "cut"
> > and "paste".  In some ways "pick up" and "drop" make the relationship
> > between the keyboard operations and the mouse-based gestures more
> > clear.

Alex:  What you say below is *exactly* what I am saying.  For every
operation possible via mouse drag-and-drop, we need an equivalent
keyboard operation.  The DnD cases you cite below do have keyboard
equivalents in many cases; but not all DnD does.  I submit that
producing a keybinding for DnD is a much better and more robust solution
in the long run than relying on every app maintainer to provide a
redundant UI.

-Bill