Re: lock down features

> If I understood you correctly, this should be pretty useful for large
> scale deployments. I can think of situations where administrators who
> look after a lot of desktops would want to restrict at an atomic level
> what individual desktop users are allowed to change.

> Hope I'm taking/making sense here.

You are. In fact, GConf does everything you've suggested, right now! :-)

Probably a good thing to point out at this stage is:

  http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/

Lots of info about GConf there.

- Jeff

--
  So, "Jeffrey" seems to mean "the ineffectual, victimised guy in
  American movies" in four different languages.