Re: Minutes x2 for release team 2002-10-30 and 2002-11-06

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 12:49, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> tir, 2002-11-12 kl. 11:37 skrev Michael Meeks:
> > Hi Malcolm,
> >
> > On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 23:53, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > > Based on some experiences leading up to GNOME 2.0.0, could I suggest
> > > that we have multiple build sheriffs this time around. The problem is
> > > that even Jacob had to sleep sometimes
> >
> > 	I think it's quite vital that we get developer consensus on at least
> > one new sheriff. There was reluctance in eg. gtk+ to entertain the idea
> > that even Jacob could commit build related fixes - we really need to try
> > and attract some people that have the time, the interest, are doing loop
> > builds and people respect enough[1] to allow them to poke their
> > autotools.
> >
> > 	Such people are fairly few and far between I think, I certainly fall
> > down in at least, the interest / time stakes.
> >

> I'd like to help out here if possible. I can't claim mastery of the
> auto* stuff, but I can fix the easy stuff for now and maybe I'll be
> inspired to read up on the more complex stuff along the way :-)

Who actually follows CVS HEAD for all the modules ? Somebody with a
Tinderbox access would be good. (Ximian ok with letting someone with
some access to theirs ?)

In any case, I'd like to put Thomas forward. He's good at build system
malarkey ;)

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault