Re: Fw: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 09:44:40PM +0800, Martin Craig wrote:

> I posted this query a while ago but didn't get any response.

Should post to gtk-list or gnome-devel-list rather than this list.

> Basically when I try to support drag and drop into a GtkTextView I get the
> callback called twice. Some really simple example code is attached. If you
> change the text view into a GtkButton, it is OK.
>
> Could somebody take a quick look

My theory is that because the text view does a lot of its own DND
handling, you are basically creating a situation where on drag_drop
gtk_drag_get_data() is called twice requesting two bits of data,
once by textview and once by the drag_dest_set stuff you set up.
Or something along those lines.

You really need to override/replace all or many of the default DND
handlers in the text view, at least when the drag involves the targets
you want to change behavior of. You could do that using e.g.
g_signal_stop_emission_by_name() to kill callbacks other than your
own.

Havoc