Re: root-tail

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:22:43 +0000
> From: Telsa Gwynne <hobbit aloss ukuu org uk>
> To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: root-tail
>
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:13:52PM -0600 or thereabouts, Mark D'voo wrote:
> > is there a program similar to root tail that will work while nautilus is
> > drawing your desktop??  If not, how would you go about creating one ?
>
> (a) I don't know (but it sounds cool)

I hadn't a clue what it meant either,
i looked it up.

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:22:43 +0000
> From: Telsa Gwynne <hobbit aloss ukuu org uk>
> To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: root-tail
>
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:13:52PM -0600 or thereabouts, Mark D'voo
wrote:
> > is there a program similar to root tail that will work while nautilus
is
> > drawing your desktop??  If not, how would you go about creating one ?
>
> (a) I don't know (but it sounds cool)

I hadn't a clue what it meant either glad i am not alone.  I wish people
would explain things more often.

I looked it up.
http://www.goof.com/pcg/marc/root-tail.html
It's purpose (see the manpage) below) is to display logfiles in difefrent
colours on your root-window. That is, it works just like tail -f.

Later
Alan