Re: Minutes of Gnome 2 release team meeting (late): 2002-05-17

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 10:52:19AM +0200, Jens Finke wrote:
> On Tue, 28 May 2002, James Henstridge wrote:
> > Have you tried installing the docbook DTD and XSLT packages available
> > from the scrollkeeper project webpages?  Many people have found them to
> > work quite well.  You can download them from here:
> >     http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/docbook.shtml
> >
> > They _should_ make it very easy to get a working docbook/xml setup.  You
> > could try some of Malcolm's tests after doing the install to verify that
> > they are installed correctly.
>
> I've tried this some weeks ago. But IIRC they work only reliable for a
> RedHat like system. I use SuSE as base system and AFAICT they use a very
> different docbook/DTD setup (package names, paths). So no, it didn't work
> for me.

The tests I gave should not depend on your distribution, since they use
the "official" SYSTEM identifiers and things like that. The _only_ thing
that could be different is if your distribtution uses another master
catalog in place of /etc/xml/catalog (in which case they've also patched
libxml2). Note that you can have other XML catalogs on the system but
/etc/xml/catalog should reference them all if they are meant to be used.

Please let me know what is different on SuSE platforms so that I can
update my checkes.

Malcolm