Re: Minutes of Gnome 2 release team meeting (late): 2002-05-17

tis 2002-05-28 klockan 00.43 skrev Malcolm Tredinnick:
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 11:20:53PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> [...]
> > gah, I would appreciate your help very much. But I do think that it's
> > kinda weird that libxslt goes out on the net fetching stylesheets
> > without notifying the caller about it.
> >
> > I am just trying to figure out how to solve this issue (since this is
> > probably the single biggest problem in Yelp right now).
>
> Mikael,

Heh, if all of this has to be done something is wrong (you also have to care
about the fact that the user might very well have the xmlcatalog file in
his $HOME). So just checking /etc/xml/catalog will not be enough.

Since we _DO_ depend on a specific version of the xsl stylesheets I see
nothing wrong in shipping them with Yelp and _not_ have the user care
about executing all those two commands (which will make absolutely zero
sense to most users).

Instead they will just have a working help system, without having to
bother at all.

At least that is my idea of user friendly. I mean, why should the help
system be the part that the user has to get there hands dirty to set up,
then we are very far from the usability track we are aiming at.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal