Re: Tabs for Nautilus ?

One could argue that for consistency, Nautilus should have tabbed
capability simply because Galeon, Gnome-Terminal, Gedit, etc all have
it.  If I can view tabbed web pages in galeon and I browse (using
nautilus) to a directory containing documents, I am already familiar
with the concept of 'right-click/open in a new tab' in order to view a
document and my first reaction would be to do the same thing.  I think
these are the kind of UI consistency issues that really matter, that as
a user, I can learn how to use gnome not how to use Nautilus, Galeon,
Evolution, Gnucash, Gnumeric, Abiword....hopefully you get my point.

I'd love to backup my opinion with code, but I haven't made it all the
way through my 'C Primer' book yet, but I'm working on it ;-)

[I've cc'd usability gnome org cos this is a usabilty issue...hope
nobody minds]

Steve