Re: Tabs for Nautilus ?

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 07:49:38PM +0200, Stephane Demurget wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 19:22, Alan wrote:
> > Agreed.  Nautilus needs to be a fast, kick ass file browser before
> > people start turning it into emacs :)  Gnome already has a kick ass web
> > browser called galeon, and I don't see a need to bloat nautilus more by
> > adding redundant code.  Besides, isn't there a (or going to be a) galeon
> > plugin for the web page rendering in nautilus?  Wouldn't this take care
> > of all of the web browsing and tab issues?
> Unless some people like me would like the tabs to support the file
> views.

Ah, of course :) Still, I think that making nautilus solid and usable
first, then adding the chrome, is a Good Thing.  There are still a lot
of usability things that I feel make it suck for usability in some
situations (can't do a multi file select in the music view as an
example), that should be fixed before adding more to the UI that could
potentially leave it hugely bloated, and with lots of features, but not
really usable.

My $0.02

alan

--
Alan -=- alan ufies org -=- http://arcterex.net
"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."