Re: Tabs for Nautilus ?

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 10:58:35AM -0400, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> yeah and there's a bug buried deep in bugzilla about it. I liked the
> idea when there was still some debate over whether nautilus was to be a
> full fledge web browser. However, I'm starting to be of the opinion that
> they may be overkill now that it seems that nautilus is aiming more
> towards just being a good desktop shell/file manager. Personal opinion
> at least..

Agreed.  Nautilus needs to be a fast, kick ass file browser before
people start turning it into emacs :)  Gnome already has a kick ass web
browser called galeon, and I don't see a need to bloat nautilus more by
adding redundant code.  Besides, isn't there a (or going to be a) galeon
plugin for the web page rendering in nautilus?  Wouldn't this take care
of all of the web browsing and tab issues?

alan

--
Alan -=- alan ufies org -=- http://arcterex.net
"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."