Re: gnome 1.x bonobo components in gnome 2.0

Hi Jacob,

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 16:28, jacob berkman wrote:
> didn't the bonobo control interfaces change from gnome 1 -> gnome 2?

	Yes, but that's only half of it we do embedding in a different way at
the Gtk+ level with the arrival of the XEmbed protocol.

> and how do you get a reference to the component?  do you have to do code
> to talk to oafd rather than bonobo-activation-server?

	Yes - you would have to use something like:

	/usr/bin/oaf-client -s "iid == 'OAFIID:Bonobo_Sample_Entry'"

	Forked, which would return the IOR to you [ and some junk you'd have to
parse out ]. Then you could talk via CORBA. Using controls is pretty
much a lost cause, but using some of the evolution interfaces for
various bits should be doable.

	Regards,

		Michael.