Mem leaks in gnome-terminal 1.9.6

I've just upgraded to the new gnome-terminal 1.9.6 (actually
gnome-terminal-1.9.6.0.200205141824-0.snap.ximian.1) for the groovy
adjustable background translucency.

However, I am still getting memory leaks on RH72 when using transparent
backgrounds.

I started a single gnome-terminal and saw physical memory use jump up
(in gkrellm).  I then started ~30 gnome-terminals which ate all of my
physical RAM (256M) and half my swap (128M).  Killing all of the
gnome-terminals results in free RAM going back to normal levels, but the
X server has grown to ~300M and remains there.

If anyone can have a quick look at this and try and replicate it for me,
I'd be grateful.

Ross
                                       jabber: rossburton jabber org
                        diary: http://advogato.org/person/RossBurton