Re: [Usability]notebook tab mnemonics

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:
> > Calum says the reason we don't have mneumonics on notebook tabs is they
> > end up eating shortcuts across the whole window.
> >

> Fine with me. Just want to be sure we have a policy decision.
>
> Someone fix the keyboard capplet. ;-)

Sheesh, the keyboard capplet picked mnemonics to avoid having them
clash.  Isn't that good enough?

Much more annoying than notebook tabs (where you have control over the
mnemonic) is the fact that stock buttons have mnemonics.  These tend to
conflict more often (_Close/_Cancel are the worst offenders -- losing
'_C' is painful.)

Thanks,
-Jonathan