launchers no longer execute in a shell

Hi,

Launchers in gnome2 are no longer passed to /bin/sh.  This means that
launchers that set environment variables or use command predicates (foo
|| bar) will no longer work.  To make it work you have to prefix with sh
-c, and quote the whole command string.  I think this will annoy users.

The problem is that if we execute in a shell, users will probably expect
the shell used to be the same as $SHELL.  But then if we don't always
use /bin/sh, vendors can't ship launchers that expect a certain shell.

I would vote for always executing launchers in the user's shell, and
forcing vendors to prefix launcher commands with /bin/sh.

-Alex

--
"I don't find excessive sanity a virtue."