Re: transparent terminals in danger!

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 21:31, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Ian McKellar <ian mckellar org> writes:
> >
> > I hate this feature with a passion, but I'm working on adding
> > translucency to the gnome2 panel (like I did for the gnome1 panel). What
> > I have right now is a BackgroundMonitor object which monitors for
> > desktop image changes and emits a "changed" signal. Its got a call
> > called something like background_monitor_get_widget_background or
> > something that returns a gdkpixbuf of the desktop image underneath a
> > given widget. Perhaps we can share this code between the terminal and
> > the panel.
> >

> Sounds good to me. (We should probably cram transparent panels into
> GNOME 2 before the 13th, just so Luis will hate us - I'm tired of
> posting to Gnotices about cool stuff and seeing the "that's nice, but
> are panels transparent?" comments ;-)

Cool, I'll check my thing in somewhere tonight - possibly libgnomeui if
nobody complains.

I'm not sure how ready translucent panels will be by the 13th. I'm
having to rewrite most of the panel background code right now to make it
work right and I'm not sure I can get it 100% tested (there are a *lot*
of different panel background permutations) by the 13th. If I can work
out cvs branches I'll check it in on a branch though. Or I could check
it in and if it sucks too badly we can pull it back out again.

Ian