Re: [Usability]Re: The whole panel focus/keynav thing
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>
- Cc: gnome-accessibility-list gnome org, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability]Re: The whole panel focus/keynav thing
- Date: 07 May 2002 12:48:20 -0400
Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> writes:
> That would certainly make life easier, but I'm not sure it would be very
> usable the way things are right now. For one thing, the menu would be
> pretty big, 12 or more items depending on the applet-- that's too big
> for a popup menu IMHO. There would also be some duplication problems...
> for example, you would have Panel Help and Applet Help; Panel
> Preferences and Applet Preferences; and About Panel and About Applet,
> with the same icons for each pair. Of course you would have different
> text labels in each case, but I think it would still be quite confusing.
Seems like a pretty compelling point. I like the idea of putting the
panel stuff into the foot-menu applet and foobar menus a bit more
than the menu-merge idea.
] [Thread Prev