Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 19:28, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> My main argument against edge flipping when not dragging a window is
> that it reduces visual stability of the whole desktop.  You are not
> pressing any buttons or keys, you are just moving the mouse --- why
> should all your windows disappear?

If you don't know that that exists, you will never be able to take
profit from it.

> I don't think it is a bad feature per se; just that it should be
> configurable only in a l33tToys package or directly with something like
> gconftool.

I think that if this is the official stance, than:
  1) it should be documented in the help docs (if the user never knows
what he can do he will never try it)
  2) gconf needs help... it's easy to clutter it beyond reasonable
usability:

  [rms roque rms]$ du -s .gconf*
  1340    .gconf
  36      .gconfd

And yes, this is only from ever since I changed to gnome2 (because I did
rm -rf ~/.gnome* ~/.gconf*)

I don't really know how to do 2) but 1) is fairly easy...
  <<Extra Config
    Hidden configuration options can be set by using the
    gconf-editor on key: /section/subsection/rootkey

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?