GARNOME Preview Five: "The Rottnest Conspiracy Begins"

GARNOME Preview Five: "The Rottnest Conspiracy Begins"

GARNOME 0.8.5 - the bad-ass, bleeding edge GNOME distribution for testers
and tweakers everywhere - is ready for more tire-kicking and bug-bashing. If
you're dying to try the GNOME 2.0 Desktop, but don't want to fall into the
depraved addictions and co-dependencies of testing from anonymous CVS, then
GARNOME is for you.

Chitter-chatter
---------------

So, G2D Beta 3 is very yummy. Lots of polish, lots of bugfixing, but there's
plenty of opportunity for testing, bug reporting, and even more bugfixing.
That's why GARNOME is here! Join uber-bug-meister Luis Villa and his hordes
of bug-busters every Thursday in the #bugs channel on irc.gnome.org.

What's New?
-----------

  - Based on G2D Beta 3. Too many updates to list. :-)

  - Now includes GIMP 1.3.x and MrProject! Hurrah!

  - Some fixes to the buildDocBookCatalog script, first reported by Uri
	David Akavia. It now works completely within GARNOME, and you do not
	need to modify anything outside your chosen prefix.

  - We now build gtk-doc before glib to fix up some libglade errors for
	people who have an older version installed on their system already.
	Thanks to James Henstridge and the guy who would not tell me his name
	(you know who you are).

  - Dan Nicolaescu submitted a fix to allow parallel builds of garballs, but
	safely disabling it for the GAR system itself. Thanks Dan!

Where do I get it?

The tarball and documentation is available on the GARNOME website:

  http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/

Happy Testing!

- Jeff

--
     "It is said that there are only six jokes in the world, and I can
    assure you that we can only broadcast three of them..." - John Watt,