Re: Patch for gnome-media (gmix)

On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 21:31, Sander Vesik wrote:

> > > I *think* the original reason this option existed was for people who had
> > > gmix started in their session and didn't know/couldn't be bothered to
> > > set up the init script. I'd be in favour of removing it and not doing it
> > > at all.
> >
> > Don't do that!
> >
> > What about different users on the same system with different tastes
> > about volume??
> >

> What about people without root? Assuming everybody goes in and modifies
> some system specific configuration files by hand sounds a rather broken
> suggestion.

Well, get your systems integrator to do that for you, do scripts
yourself using something like aumix. It has *no* place in a mixer
program. It would have some uses in a startup script for gnome-session.
Nothing else.

Would the user want to have to close the mixer at startup and start it
before closing to have his volume saved ? Certainly not. Hence, doesn't
have anything to do in gmix. Find another way.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net