Re: menu-editor how-to

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 13:04, Gaute Lindkvist wrote:
> > I may be being dense but I cant think of any way to get the menu editor
> > to work
> >
> > When I click on properties the information is zilch ie:name of app
> >
> > When I try to copy a panel launcher I get a message saying incorrect URI
> >
> > Basically I can remove items but not change or add
>
> Known bug. Basically, it is because of the switch to vFolders for the
> menus.
> This means the desktop-item-libs will have to be modified to work with
> vFolders. I've been told George "Vicious" is on it, but I haven't heard
> anything about progress.

If anyone else needs to know I have found a workarond

All menu items are .desktop files under either /etc/X11/applink or
/usr/share/gnome

So to create a link basically copy and amend and existing.desktop file
and place in the heirarchy to taste

And of course to move just move the desktop file

(have to be cli I think as I dont think nautilus can do it at present)

Hacky - but it works for now until libs are fixed

BTW - after my p[revious flames to the list gnome2 with latest updates
is cool (and substantially faster than 1.4)