Re: totally awesome gnome-settings-daemon patch!

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 03:42:47AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Most screensaver tend to use quite a lot of CPU cycles, I really
> think that keeping an user option about not activating it is needed.

There are a couple of screensaver options that would be convenient in
some circumstances.  One would be for the situation Daniel mentioned,
a "Disable CPU Hogs" options that disables any screensavers that use
all available compute cycles, for when CPU cycles should be reserved
for SETI or key cracking.  Another would be a "Don't show desktop"
option, which would disable any screensavers that showed the existing
desktop, even in a highly distorted form.  This would be valuable for
cases where I have confidential documents on my desktop, and I want
the screensaver to hide them from view.

-- John Kodis.