Re: totally awesome gnome-settings-daemon patch!

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 19:31, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
>
> > +  /* just spawn xscreensaver.  it's special. */
> > +  system ("xscreensaver -nosplash &");
> > +
>
> Can we use g_spawn or the like here?

oh right.  i'll re-do that part.

> If we're going to require
> xscreensaver (which is probably smart) I'd like to get a real dialog if
> it doesn't exist, instead of just an "xscreensaver: command not found."
> in my .xsession-errors.

valid point.

> Also, do we ever not want to start xscreensaver?
> Should we add a key for this, or is that too much crack?

i don't think anyone would complain about it.  everyone ships it, right?

i guess maybe we could have a [ ] don't tell me this again about
xscreensaver not being installed (but still try to run it).

jacob
--
"don't get me wrong, i think that radiohead are amazing. i love their
 music and i love their ethos, but that thom yorke guy always seems to