Re: panel prelight on focus

Trevor Curtis wrote:

> So the square around the launchers is intensional? I thought the icon
> was supposed to "prelight"? Is there an advantage with using this
> square? Is it a usability thing?

The dotted square shows keyboard focus, just as it does on other widgets
(buttons, notebook tabs etc.)  Only one control on your desktop should
have keyboard focus at any one time.

Prelighting only shows that the thing under your mouse pointer will
probably do something when you click on it, which is a different thing
altogether. It's an effect that was pioneered by Microsoft to cover up
for poor visual design, because they thought it would be cooler than
going to the trouble of making clickable things look clickable.
(Originally it was toolbar buttons, in their case).

Cheeri,
Calum.