Re: docklets + usability

Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if the docklet bug that is in sawfish since several
> releases and that is still in sawfish for Gnome2 will be fixed before
> the release or not. That bug prevents docklets to be attached in the
> status dock for applications like gabber or gnomemeeting.
>
> If it is not fixed, should I switch again the code to an applet instead
> of a docklet? I don't think so.

It works the same way (i.e. doesn't work) with metacity too :( It's very bad
that you still can't  use docklets. People create applets and it's the wrong
thing! There are lots of problems with gnomeicu being an app and an applet at
the same time, and all that the applet does is just show status....

KDE apps use docklets quite often and they work well. If we want to
interoperate with KDE we need to provide a status dock for KDE apps to work,
and GAIM, XMMS etc. have docklets too...

Gediminas