Re: Default WM theme settings

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Chris Chabot wrote:

> Ps, to illustrate the look i was refering to, i made these 2 screenshots:
>
> http://www.chabotc.com/gnome2/default-desktop.jpg
> http://www.chabotc.com/gnome2/mydesktop.jpg
>
> The default desktop is with the panels and applets such are set by
> default, and the 'mydesktop' is an actualy snap of the desktop i do my
> day to day work on. (Windows style only one task bar, few quick
> launchers, and volume/cpu monitor/clock), very plain and simple and
> ellegant.

I think "round orange buttons" for all buttons gets old after a while.
They don't look like buttons, are harder to hit, and stands out
unneccesarily.

> ps, i think scalable gorila looks better, but would be a bad choice as
> 'default' since it requires some serious CPU cycles.

Have you tried it with cvs HEAD? We fixed a lot of svg performance issues.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an otherworldly vegetarian Green Beret living undercover at Ringling
Bros. Circus. She's a hard-bitten cat-loving opera singer with a knack for
trouble. They fight crime!