Resize window interactively

I am unable to figure out why I can't interactively resize
windows under sawmill.

Using the Sawfish configurator I have set the bindings for
the window border so that "Button1-Move" is supposed to
"Resize window interactively".  However, it doesn't work.
When I position the mouse over the border of a window, the
mouse icon does change to a resize icon, but when I
subsequently click and hold button 1 and move the mouse
nothing happens.  After performing this operation the
following entries are found in my .xsession-errors file:

Bad argument: #<subr display-message>, font, 1
Bad argument: #<subr display-message>, font, 1
Bad argument: #<subr display-message>, font, 1
Bad argument: #<subr display-message>, font, 1

I appreciate help in figuring out this problem.

~Tim Campbell