[g-a-devel]clarification needed on Keyboard Navigation among buttons.

Hi,

A brief description of what has been discussed in the mails below.
Consider an application (eg gnome-calculator) that has a table of
buttons. The user can navigate the buttons using the tab key as
well as the arrow keys. If the focus is on the last button in a
particular row, and the user presses the right arrow, then currently
the focus does not always go the first button in the next row (sometimes
it does, sometimes it goes to some other row, not the next row).

Now, the requirement is to produce a system beep sound when the
user tries to press the right arrow key when the focus is on the
last button in a row (similarly if he/she presses the up arrow
key when the focus is on the topmost button in a column etc).

Is it possible to implement this in the application itself ?
If so, what are the gtk interfaces that needs to be used ?

Or this is something that has to be fixed at gtk/gdk library
level?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jayaraj

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.