Re: Major issues with window list applet

On 10 Mar 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
> > > No control of the individual programs (ie kill maximize etc)
> >
> > This is a bug, it should be put in bugzilla if it isn't.
> >
> I was forgetting the tricky bit of this. The problem is that
> right-click opens the applet menu, not the window menu. Which is
> definitely more consistent with the rest of the panel, but I think
> confusing because each button in the window list looks like an object,
> users wouldn't consider the whole window list a separate item.
> But if right-click doesn't open the applet menu you can't manipulate
> the applet. And the 1.x solution of having a pointless little
> right-click area sucks.

Well, take a look at say the commandline applet where the right-click
behaviour depends on the exact area being right-clicked. We should
probably have something similar for the window list.

> I think the idea was that the window ops would get merged into that
> right-click menu, but this isn't implemented yet.
> Hmm, I also just noticed that the launcher right-click menu and
> windowlist right-click menu have some odd inconsistencies in where
> equivalent items are placed.

Theres a whole bunch of places where right-clicking does a slightly
different thing from right-clicking on another thing.

> Havoc

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding