Re: GNOME Desktop Version String

<quote who="Glynn Foster">

> Yeah, that's the thing...it really doesn't make much sense when you've
> got people updating their system on a regular basis and getting the
> latest and greatest packages...

I don't think that's a huge problem. When "GNOME" is updated, then surely
gnome-desktop would go along with that. So whilst libraries or various
components may change, by and large the user has the version of GNOME that
gnome-desktop cares about.

So, with that and vendor issues in mind, how about the following details:

Major number ("2")
Minor number ("0")
Micro number ("0")
Vendor name ("GARNOME")
Vendor random string ("Preview Three - 0.7.5")

What else will people want to see described herein?

- Jeff

--
      "I'm offering you my body, and you're offering me semantics." -
                              Caitlin, Clerks