Re: Use of "UNIX"

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Zbigniew Chyla wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 16:17:53, Sander Vesik wrote:
>
> > > The gnome-terminal desktop file has:
> > >
> > >  Comment=Enter UNIX commands
> > >
> > > I'm not sure "Enter UNIX commands" is a great description of a
> > > terminal program, but more specifically, I think "UNIX" here is
> > > inappropriate. Many systems that GNOME runs on are not legally "UNIX".
> > > (...)
> >
> > Why not just change it to "enter shell commands" - it is not clear what an
> > (...)
>
> Why not just stop changing localizable strings? February 18th was string
> freeze day!

The original file is:

	date: 2002/02/18 23:51:41;  author: seth;  state: Exp;

Which while dodgy probably did make it in time. But the string in question
does not seem to be localised in any locale so far (does the desktop
file not appearing in po/POTFILES affect this?) and is *grossly* wrong.

To an extent the string freeze needs to behave like the API freeze - if we
discover bad bugs, we still want it fixed.

> Zbigniew

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding