Re: Galeon

 Mikael> lör 2002-03-02 klockan 00.49 skrev Paulo Schreiner:
 >> Hi,

 Mikael> Hi!

 >> anyone knows why Galeon doesn't work on Gnome 2?  I know it can't
 >> be ported to gnome 2 yet becouse MozEmbed isn't ported yet, but
 >> shouldn't it just run under the gnome2 desktop, using the old
 >> libs?

 Mikael> I think it's a problem with GConf, it seems to not like
 Mikael> finding GConf 2 instead of GConf 1 for some reason.

Running galeon under gnome 2 (installed using garnome) I get the
following output:

        /usr/bin/galeon-bin: relocation error:
        /home/maxx/garnome/lib/libnautilus.so.0: undefined symbol:
        TC_CORBA_string_struct

This indicated to me that libnautilus has changed some interfaces or
something, and that galeon was trying to use the new library instead
of the old, since the new libraries come first in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

To get galeon running all I had to do was set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
nothing in a term, and run galeon from there.

[maxx kabuki:~]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/home/maxx/garnome/lib:
[maxx kabuki:~]$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
[maxx kabuki:~]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

[maxx kabuki:~]$ galeon

And that just works. My situation might be a bit special, since I run
the gnome 2 environment completely separate from the gnome 1
evironment, but the correct solution to this would (I think) be to
make sure the new nautilus install libnautilus with a new version,
ie. libnautilus.so.1

Can anyone tell me if that would actually work, and if it should be
filed as a bug against nautilus?

--
Debugging is anticipated with distaste,
performed with reluctance,