Re: GNOME 2.0 Desktop and Developer Platform Released!

HOLY COW!

I think I'm going to be sick with excitment...no, really. This is just
incredible news...and hopefully it will be the start of something new
for GNOME...

> With thanks to the many hackers, documentors, translators, testers, QA
> helpers and encouraging users who contributed to this release. Their gifts
> of time, skill and passion have made GNOME 2.0 an incredible step for the
> GNOME Project as a whole.

While the reality is that GNOME would be nothing without the millions of
lines of code, translated, documented and QA'd by the hundreds of
volunteers out there.....GNOME would also be nothing without the sheer
determination of the release team. Their spirit from day 1 has been
truly admirable, their ass-kicking qualities superb and I'm sure I can
speak on behalf of the Sun GNOME team [1], to say a big

                       T H A N K   Y O U !

On a personal note, I would like to thank Jeff Waugh. This guy stays up
until 4am in the morning to attend release team meetings and has done a
wonderful job after taking over from Maciej. PANTS OFF DUDE.

		Outstanding stuff everyone,

				Glynn ;)

[1] hopefully anyway ;)