Re: gnome-games needs a maintainer

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 16:41, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Heya,
>
> I took over maintainership of gnome-games because it needed one and was
> in bad shape for gnome2. Many people helped out on the way, and the bug
> count is lower than ever.
> I didn't play the games, and I still don't, except for testing. That's
> why I'd be looking for a new maintainer that would actually play the
> games. Having somebody who was involved in gnome-games already would be
> a benefit.
> PS: I have a couple of patches from Ross Burton that are pending, will
> apply them soon.

I'm actually interested in this.  I've been using GNOME for many years
now and have slowly been giving back -- initially by attempting to file
decent bug reports and then by learning GTK+ and fixing the small bugs I
found in GNOME2.

Taking the maintainership of gnome-games would be the next stage in this
-- maintaining a module of stable code (thanks Bastien!) and hopefully
keeping it in a fit state for GNOME2.

Of course, I also want a gnome cvs login so that I can stop using
anoncvs... :)

Regards,
Ross
                                       jabber: rossburton jabber org