Re: Why has menu editing been removed?

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 16:41, Alvaro wrote:
> El mar, 18-06-2002 a las 17:02, Chris Chabot escribió:
> > So people are supposed to 'not change the default setup' ? The first
> > thing i do with any new OS instalation (Windows, etc) is edit the menu's
> > to my liking. That is afterall the stuff i use every day on my computer.
> > Assuming people will just leave it default is like asuming they are only
> > running gnome2 as a 'gimic' and not as a day-to-day tool.
>
> Hmmm, maybe I am a strange guy but I never change the menus ;-)

And me neither, I just use the panel and the desktop to store my apps.

The only thing that annoys me is the inability to remove the
distribution and the KDE sub-menus from the menu of the foobar panel.

Should I file a bug ? What are the plans concerning the panel for
2.0.1/2.2 ? I remember removing the menus in favor of a menu applet
being discussed and half-done (I didn't like it, I must say).

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net