Re: gnome-login-check "optimization" patch
- From: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gnome-login-check "optimization" patch
- Date: 14 Jun 2002 17:43:47 -0400
On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 18:37, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> > using time(1), this patch brings gnome-login-check from over 4s to under
> > 1s on my solaris machine, and on my os x laptop from around 2s to
> > 0.2s.
> What was the optimization part of the patch? (i.e. what was slow?)
> (I'm just curious)
only linking against gtk+ and libgnome (and dependencies) and only
calling gnome_program_init() if Ctrl+Shift are held down at startup...
ie calling gtk_init() by default instead.
sadly it doesn't help any other apps but does help overall time.
] [Thread Prev