Re: gnome-login-check "optimization" patch

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> using time(1), this patch brings gnome-login-check from over 4s to under
> 1s on my solaris machine, and on my os x laptop from around 2s to
> 0.2s.

What was the optimization part of the patch?  (i.e. what was slow?)
(I'm just curious)

> since gnome-session waits for gnome-login-check to finish running, this
> is a nice performance gain.

This is a pretty important fix, I was really wondering why I got a
hang with the default X background for a few seconds before I saw any
splashscreen. Plus gnome 2 logs in pretty fast without that hang.

Havoc