Re: Lets get branches names right this time (was: Re: Proposed release process/plans)

Bill Haneman wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 16:10, Chema Celorio wrote:
> > > Implementation note: the branch isn't actually called "2-0", the
> > > precise branch name is "gnome-2-0", "gnome-2-2", etc. for modules that
> > > use GNOME-wide branch names, and may be different for some modules.
> >
> > It would be a lot easier if all branches for gnome 2.0 where the same.
> > The proposal was "gnome-2-0" but there are some modules branched with
> > "gnome-2-0-0" (libbonobo for one).
>
> I think this should be gnome-2-0-0 also.
>
> I am planning to commit 2.0.1 fixes to HEAD of the accessibility
> modules, and hold features until post 2.0.1.

Isn't is normal to label releases using caps & underscores (something
like GNOME_2_0_1), and branches with lowercase & hypens (so
gnome-2-0)? It seems unreasonable to me to create a special
branch for bugs destined for a particular release. Surely any
fixes that are checked in against the 2.0 branch should be in
all the 2.0 releases?

Cheers,
Dave.

--