Re: gnome cvs on RH7.3 - getting desperate

Thanks,

Yes the mistake i made was to re-link aclocale and automake to the 1.5 versions, but i had a total blind spot for autoconf 2.52 it seems. (This might be partialy due to the fact that gstreamer's autogen.sh does fataly fail when it finds a older aclocale/automake, but not on a older autoconf)

Now, setting the links in /usr/bin/{aclocale,automake,autoconf} to the correct new versions, or using the --with-automake=/usr/bin/automake-1.5,etc both work perfectly.

I'll make sure to drop into #gstreamer first the next time ;-)

    -- Chris

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
(I have had problems trying to compile gstreamer / monkey-sound /
rhythmbox-new from cvs, which all fail for me to on the aclocal/automake
stuff)

FYI, all gstreamer modules need autoconf 2.52 (which you'll have) and
automake 1.5 (which is probably not what is pointed to by default if
you're running rh73).  So in that respect we differ from the traditional
gnome modules who all work with automake 1.4.

OTOH, I put a lot of work in smoothing out the autogen.sh process so you
can easily specify both a different autoconf and automake binary (and it
will also pick up corresponding aclocal and autoheader ones) with
--with-automake and --with-autoconf arguments to autogen.sh

I seem to get from your mail that gstreamer would be in vbs, is that the
case ?

Also, if you decide to be running gstreamer from cvs (which you should
only be doing if you really want to, it's not a core gnome component yet),
then *please* let us know what problems you might have.  It is really
frustrating to be hearing about problems and knowing that they have not
been reported properly.  We take great pride in getting people to be able
to run it and we've seen our fair share of trouble people can get in ;) So
file a bug in gnome's bugzilla, join us on OPN in #gstreamer, send a mail
to the devel list, whatever...  We'd love to be able to set you up with a
working setup.

Thomas

god loves his children
yeah