Re: gnome cvs on RH7.3

On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 23:29, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
[snip]
> If you want to build GNOME 2 from scratch and you can't resolve those
> automake problems, then grab one of the sandboxing scripts that are
> around which do the build for you (jhbuild, vicious-build-scripts, etc).
> They all let you customise where to put things and will set things up so
> that the right versions of stuff are being called (and not grabbing
> other .m4 files, etc). From memory, jhbuild does use automake-1.6 or
> something like that, so it's possible, but you need to be careful. Sorry
> I can't be more helpful, but I'm not really sure of your specific setup,
> although the problem of duplicate macros is not uncommon.

v-b-s installs autoconf 2.52 and automake 1.4 so it doesn't matter which
version of automake is installed system-wide (or even if it's installed
at all). Mike is probably not using scripts to build from CVS.

btw, Debian handles different versions of automake and autoconf the
exact same way as Red Hat.

--
Evandro