Re: naughty gnome2 desktop
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: naughty gnome2 desktop
- Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:00:44 -0400 (EDT)
On 7 Jun 2002, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I don't think you understood my explanations. Here's something:
> 1) The link is dropped from nautilus to the desktop or the panel.
> 2) The drag dest recognises that it's from Nautilus (hmm, is that even
> possible ?), creates a link with the X-Nautilus-Is-Handler=Yes (for
> example) member.
> 3) Both nautilus and the panel know that nautilus is supposed to handle
> this link.
> 4) Click on this desktop file, the panel runs nautilus $(url), nautilus
> just creates a new window to that url.
> Kicker, Konqueror, etc. still recognise the desktop file as a link, and
> it just works.
ok. I see. This is slightly nicer, but sort of hacky. I don't think you
can see who the drag source is, so you'd have to do some nasty hack with
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a shy moralistic card sharp plagued by the memory of his family's brutal
murder. She's a transdimensional punk politician with a flame-thrower. They
] [Thread Prev