Re: libgailutil.so.16 -> libgailutil.so.17
- From: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>
- To: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: libgailutil.so.16 -> libgailutil.so.17
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:41:34 +0100 (BST)
On 26 Jul 2002, jacob berkman wrote:
> > I think you'd want to do this if you added API, would you not?
> i wouldn't. that would mean apps/libs having to be re-linked against
> the new lib, which breaks bin compat for all libs above me.
Why would you link to the so.xy and not to the .so ? As there are no
minor/micro versions in teh numbering, libgailutil will need to become
libgailutil2 (or 3 or ...) when incompatable chanegs are introduced.
> - jacob
This is the place where all
the junkies go
where time gets fast
but everything gets slow
] [Thread Prev