Re: Control Center Behavior

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 snickell stanford edu wrote:

> Quoting Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>:
>
> > On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 22:25, Dan Mann wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone have any ideas on how the GNOME project could get good
> > structured
> > > exposure to "normal" people who use computers, but don't know
> > anything about
> > > them?
> >
> > Well, now that Sun have started rolling out their beta versions to
> > customers, we're starting to get feedback from "normal" users, and I
> > hope we'll be able to share as much of that feedback with you as we
> > can.  (I posted some comments here yesterday, and some were also
> > posted
> > to the docs list).
>
> You're going to have a hard sell trying to pass former CDE users off as
> even remotely "normal" users... *grin*

I guess thats why Calum put quotes around normal 8-) Also, whole bunch of
the ones we are trying to win over to gnome2 aren't cde users but
openwindows users. And I think good portion of the feedback comes from
people who betatest the product to decide whetver non computer technical
users (you know - secretaries, scientists, lab staff, etc) have at least a
chance if moved to the new environment.

> -seth

	Sander

	This is the place where all