Re: Current network-password-saving feature needs improvement.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 05:40:09PM +0530, Rashmi Agrawal wrote:
> I agree that we need some kind of general "password saving" mechanism". I
> have some inputs to give for the same.

How could one be sure that no trojan Programs steal or abuse these saved
passwords by bogus requests to this password saving mechanism?
Maybe this isn't to much of a problem with http proxy passwords, but a pop3
password should not be usable(or retrivable) by a random trojan program.

Yes I know that trojan programs could try to snoop keyboard activity, but this
is much harder (start at the right moment, etc) and having one service would be
an invitation for malware to abuse.

Martin H.