Re: Current network-password-saving feature needs improvement.

Hi Hema,

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 08:21, Hema Seetharamaiah wrote:
> Correct, a root can record all that I type if she so wishes. But that
> means she needs to know enough about recording by setting up a program
> or X modification ahead of time.

	Please stop this guff. Root can do anything; they can snapshot all the
core memory, swap - if they're lucky fire up a debugger, and invoke the
"trivial_demangle_password" method, on whatever piece of memory it's
stored in.

	Again, please ignore the 'protect against root' issue, it's a total
red-herring. We should (perhaps) do a rot13 or somesuch on the stored
pwd though.

	Regards,

		Michael.