Re: Connect to Server feature

Just for the sake of mentioning it. Instead of adding all these different
favorites type folder uris (network://) why not just create a favorites
folder (favorites://) (can be used to replace nautilus bookmarks altogether
actually) which has subfolders, like network places etc.

That way all nautilus favorite locations are accessible from one central
location instead of ten different uris.

What I'm really getting at is that we need to integrate this feature with
similar ones (eg. bookmarks) to create a consistent easy to use UI.

dave

Andrew Sobala <andrew sobala net> said:

> On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 16:32, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> writes:
> > > What could be done is:
> > > - remove "Connect to server..." icon from the menu
> > > - add a "My Network places" to the applications menu (underneath "Home
> > > Folder"). It would launch network:
> > > - A launcher in network: would launch the "Connect to server" dialog
> > > sans Browse button.
> > >
> > > And that's it. What do you think ? Havoc ?
> >
> > That sounds potentially nice. Disclaimer though, I don't have a
> > well-thought-out opinion here, I'm just sort of thinking out loud.
> >
> > Havoc
>
> But please don't call it "My Network Places", it's bad enough on
> Windows. Maybe just "Network"?
>
> --
> Andrew
>
> Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
> on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)
> 	-- Linus Torvalds, about his failing hard drive on
linux.cs.helsinki.fi