Re: Fifth-toe list

Le ven 12/07/2002 à 09:29, Chris Chabot a écrit :

> > >There are still some usuability problems with it (no GUI to
change
> > >themes, ...) and I don't want to confuse our users with that..
> > >
> >Try metacity-setup? It works prety well for me.
> >
> >metacity-setup still has a numer of things on the todo list  as
far
as
> >keybindings and all go (if you want to expose those options to
users),
> >but themes (with instant apply), number of workspaces and font
settings
> >work well.

>Thanks.. Mandrake contributors uploaded it to Mandrake cooker but I
didn't found enough time to test it :))

>I agree with you, it fixed almost all my critics :))
>
>The only thing which prevents me to switch Mandrake cooker to
Metacity
>is the "don't focus new window" problem.. But Havoc seems to have
fixed
>it in CVS.. So, I guess next version of MetaCity will probably be
GNOME
>2 default WM for Mandrake too :))))))

I am curious - what is the the problem with this?
I use metacity with the latest metacity-setup and I have windows
focusing correctly

I use focus follows mouse and raise new windows

>And it seems to be lacking some translations too (hint, hint :))

>Havoc, can we have a new release, please :))

> >I really want to switch default WM for GNOME 2 to MetaCity but it
is not
> >mature enough yet (and I think Havoc will agree on that :))
> >
> I am starting to wonder about this. Havoc was never for making
metacity
> the default wm for gnome 2.0.x, since it was his pet-project.
However
> with sun adopting it, and redhat also using it as default in their
> latest beta's, i would say it is progressing rather quickly.
>
> Also, what standards are we using to measure maturity? Sawfish is
nice
> (i used it for a long time and loved it) but it sure has its share
of
> klunky problems as well.

>I would say : it should "feel" right (following Havoc's article
about
GUI design)... Since metacity CVS seems to "feel right", I think it
is
becoming mature :))