Re: Nautilus design choices redux

В Срд, 10.07.2002, в 16:03, Reinout van Schouwen написал:
> Dmitry,
>
> > > - reduces "Fenstersalat" (beautiful German word for extreme desktop
> > > clutter) and thus, confusion. Case in point: my father, when first
>
> > What's about "middle" way: to use the tabs like Galeon and Mozilla do?
> > Having "open in new tab" in Nautilus seems a good feature to me.
>
> How would you use the limited room in the tabs to indicate which directory
> is displayed in it?

I can group tabs in windows. Ex, I can have 3 Nautilus windows with 3
tabs in each (not too little room?). Every window - directory view and 2
open files from that directory. Inline view cannot give me quick switch
between open files, 9 new windows - "Fenstersalat". Tabs is "the golden
mean".
Unforunately, tabs don't reduce choice, but increase it.

> Also, I recommend you read mpt's articles on tabs at
> http://mpt.phrasewise.com/ .

Thanks, I'll read it.

Regards,
Dmitry